Okay, so it wasn't that big a problem as there are always
So I googled, and made this cake.
It was everything I had hoped for, and to top it all, I got to play with my new Bundt pan. :P
To make this cake, I started by sifting flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl. This was set aside.
In the bowl of a mixer, I added butter, sugar and yogurt. I beat this until the mixture became well-combined.
When I first started baking, I used to panic when this happened, but I now know that all is okay.
I added the vanilla and almond extracts.
And the flour, in 3 batches. The batter would be smooth at the end.
And baked the cake.
Once baked, the cake was allowed to cool in the pan for about 15-20 minutes before I transferred it onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
To glaze the cake, I made a caramel glaze.
I added butter, brown sugar and milk in a saucepan, and placed it over medium heat. I brought the mixture to a boil, whisking constantly, until the sugar and butter had completely dissolved.
To glaze the cake, I simply poured the glaze over the cake.
That was all there was to it!
Time to brew a pot of coffee. :)
Greek Yogurt Bundt Cake (Serves 12-16)
Adapted from ihearteating.com
3 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
1 ½ c. plain Greek yogurt
113g butter, softened
3 cups granulated sugar - I used 2 cups
4 large eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 170C. Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and bicarbonate of soda. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat yogurt, butter, and sugar together until well-combined.
4. Beat in eggs one at a time.
5. Stir in extracts.
6. Add flour mixture, and stir in until just combined.
7. Pour batter into prepared bundt pan.
8. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. You may need to cover the exposed cake with foil if it starts to brown too much.
9. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
NOTE: You can halve the quantities of this recipe to fit a 9x5-inch loaf tin, or a 6-cup Bundt pan.
Caramel Glaze (Enough to glaze a 12-cup bundt)
Adapted from grouprecipes.com
2 tsp milk
1/2 cup brown sugar
1. Heat the butter, sugar and milk in a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar.
3. Removed from the heat and drizzle over the cake.