The thing about this recipe that first caught my eye me was the flavour combination - I was not sure if raspberry and coconut would work together, and I guess the only way to find out was to make one batch of cookies and try them!
I held my breath and waited for the verdict.
"That's pretty good!", he said.
WOAH! I managed not to faint. That coming from him is HIGH PRAISE indeed!
The combination of raspberry + coconut is a winner for sure. They taste DELICIOUS together.
Best of all, these cookies are so simple to make, you can probably make them in your sleep!
In a bowl, I added almond meal. Almond meal simply means ground up almond. I buy mine already ground but you can always chuck some almond in a food processor and ground them yourself.
When you are ready to make the cookies, simply shape the dough into balls and place them onto a lined baking tray.
Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies (Makes 9-10)
Adapted from bakerita
1 1/4 cup ground almond
3 tablespoon (45ml) coconut oil, melted
1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
1/4 cup raspberry jam (or any jam you prefer)
1. Combine all the ingredients (except the jam) in a medium bowl. Shape into a ball.
2. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or up to 24 hours).
3. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
4. Shape the dough into balls.
5. Use your thumb to make an indentation in each cookie. Fill the indentations with jam.
6. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the coolies are light golden brown around the edges.