Muffins! I love muffins!
Super quick to make, totally fuss-free, and super delicious!
I like making muffins on the weekends. It takes me about 10 minutes to make the batter, 20 minutes to bake the muffins and everyone wakes up to a yummy and healthy breakfast!
Best of all, I simply adore the pairing of raspberries and coconut. The aroma drives me crazy every single time I make them!
I used my mixer to mix the wet ingredients but really, you can just use a hand whisk.
Into a bowl, I added sugar, coconut oil, Greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract, lemon zest and juice.
Using a whisk, I mixed this until the ingredients were well-combined.
The wet ingredients were added to the dry ingredients, and mixed with a spatula.
The raspberries were added to the batter, and folded in.
When baked the muffins were cooled in the pans for at least 10 minutes before I transferred them onto a cooling rack. They can be eaten warm, or you can wait until they are completely cool.
Super Moist Lemon Raspberry Muffins (Makes 22-24)
Adapted from Little Spice Jar
2¼ cups (281g) plain flour (or half whole wheat flour + half all purpose)
2 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup (200g) caster sugar - I reduced this by 50%
½ cup (120ml) coconut oil (you can use canola, vegetable or corn oil)
1 cup (240ml) Greek yogurt or light sour cream (I used ½ greek yogurt + ½ sour cream)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
1 tablespoon (15ml) lemon juice + zest of 1 lemon
1½ cups (340g) fresh or frozen raspberries
1. Place a rack near the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375°F (176.6°C). Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, oil, yogurt (or sour cream), eggs, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Continue to whisk until the sugar dissolves.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and fold until just combined. Do not overmix.
5. Fold in the raspberries. Divide the muffin batter into the muffin pans and bake for 18 - 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean with just a few crumbs.
6. Let muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
Muffins are extremely moist. Let them cool in the muffin pan after baking for at least 10 minutes! Trying to remove them right away will result in mushed muffins.