Chances are, you did raise your hand, even if it was done mentally.
Butter chicken is commonly served with naan, roti, parathas or different types of rice and this recipe can easily be adjusted to suit your taste buds.
Best of all, it is amazingly simple to make!
I marinated the diced chicken (you can cut the chicken into bigger chunks of you like) with minced garlic, grated ginger, lemon juice, chili powder, paprika and garam masala.
In a hot Dutch oven, I melted some butter with a little olive oil (to prevent the butter from burning). I added the sliced onions.
Finally, I stirred in the cream, and brought the sauce up to a slow boil. Once the sauce had thickened, the dish was ready.
To take part, click on the picture above!
Murg Makhani | Butter Chicken (Serves 6-8)
Adapted from My Kitchen Snippets
1 ½ pounds (700 g) chicken (thigh or breast), diced
2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
1 onion, finely diced
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup (235 ml) water
1/4 cup (60 ml) cream
1 tablespoon garam masala
Salt to taste
1 small bunch cilantro/coriander - roughly chopped
1 tablespoon butter or ghee
Marinade for the chicken:
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
2 teaspoon paprika - I used smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garam masala
1. Marinate the chicken for an hour.
2. Heat up a heavy bottom pan with 1 tablespoon of ghee or butter.
3. Add in onion and garlic. Sauté until soft and lightly brown. Add in tomato paste. Continue to stir for a few second.
4. Add in the chicken, do not stir the chicken. Let is cook for a minute before turning it over and cook on the other side.
5. Add in the garam masala and continue to stir fry until the chicken changes color.
6. Add in about 1 cup of water, salt and sugar. Cover and let it simmer slowly until chicken is tender. Stir occasionally.
7. Stir in the cream and bring it up to slow boil until the sauce has thickened
8. Add chopped cilantro. Serve with rice or bread
This post is linked to Little Thumbs Up, hosted by Zoe of Bake For Happy Kids, Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY, and Jozelyn of Spice Up My Kitchen.