Here's how to make the pancakes.
Grate the zucchini. If you have kids who are anti-anything green on their plates, you can always peel off the skin before grating the zucchini.
Carefully flip the pancake and continue cooking until both sides are brown. I like the edges of my pancakes to be darker and crispy.
What's not to like?
The very fantastic folks at Tovolo would like to give away a set each of the Tovolo Star Pop molds and the Groovy Pop Molds with 2 readers of The Domestic Goddess Wannabe! To participate in the giveaway, click on the pictures below!
Hobakjeon - Korean Zucchini Pancake (Serves 2)
For the pancake:
100g Pancake premix
170g cold water
1/2 zucchini, shredded
1/2 teaspoon salt
For the dipping sauce:
2 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 tablespoon vinegar - I used rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon honey (or sugar)
1 large chili, sliced
1 small bunch spring onion, sliced
1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
1. Grate the zucchini. If you have kids who are anti-anything green on their plates, you can always peel off the skin before grating the zucchini.
2. Sprinkle the salt on the zucchini. Mix well and set aside for about 10-15 minutes.
3. At the end of this time, squeeze the water out of the zucchini. You do not have to squeeze the hell out of it. Just enough so that most of the water has been squeezed out.
4. In a bowl, mix pancake mix with cold water. Whisk to mix, and make sure there are no lumps.
5. Add the zucchini to the mixture and stir until everything is well-combined.
6. In a hot skillet, add olive oil. Once hot, add the pancake mix with the zucchini all at once. Using a spatula, gently spread the mixture to the edges.
7. Leave the pancake to cook on medium heat until the edges turn brown.
9. Once cooked, transfer the pancake onto a wire rack to cool a little and make a dipping sauce to serve with the pancake.
10. To make the dipping sauce, whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
Note: You can also make your own pancake batter by using the recipe below.
Korean Pancake Batter
2 cups plain flour
3 tsp potato starch
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups cold water